Tuesday 11 November 2014

THRILLER AUDIENCE RESEARCH

Research: How brands profile audiences 

I started by investigating how brands target audiences in preparation for creating my own audience profile for my AS Foundation Production. I need to plan to reach my target audience. I have looked at the target audience, and to make sure that the film stand out in the competition. I also looked at what audience should watch my film. 

The type of film we are making is a thriller so i looked at things surveys and other ways of seeing what the people like who like that type of genre of film. A lot of brands use target market groups to know that what there selling or making will suit who they want to sell too. 
Audiences can be segmented and defined by their GEARS 
Gender
Ethnicity
Age
Region / nationality
Socio-economic group

I looked at Kiss FM.


This shows that a lot the main target audience of Kiss will be young listeners. From getting this information the Kiss producers will know what they should be talking about and broadcasting. If there was no idea of what to say, they can't match what there saying to the people who there saying it too. This means that the audience might not feel as involved in the chat.

I looked at this because I think the same age range will be the people watching our thriller.

3 comments:

  1. Please complete the work on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else can I do to complete this work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. See http://mediaclaremont.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/research-how-brands-target-audiences.html, our class blog!

    ReplyDelete