Tuesday 2 December 2014

TARGET AUDIENCE PROFILE

How does your media product represent particular social groups?
In my Viewer Profile below, which I have created in Pages and which I based on NME's reader profile, I give an account of my target viewer's media consumption, leisure interests,  tastes and brand preferences. As films are often cross-promoted in synergistic ways, I wanted to ensure that I knew how my target viewer could be attracted and addressed. For example, he/she would use a smartphone to check our film's Facebook page, see our trailer at cinema screenings for his/her favourite films and catch the latest pictures from our shoots on Instagram.


I made this because I thought these things where the most popular things for teenagers at the moment. I did some research to look at what is popular with teenagers. Things like twitter, Instagram and Facebook are very important and popular within teenagers. I also added things that teenagers and people in the early 20's like to do, this is things like drinking, listening to music, shopping and so on. Some movies I added on here are that are similar to ours, which shows teenagers and young adults will love our movie, and it will appeal to them.

3 comments:

  1. Your target audience profile (what you have posted above) needs to feature prominently the kinds of films and TV programmes that your audience would see. As a film maker, you are competing for your target audience's attention and need to know their tastes. Please edit this, which is good apart from this big gap
    Secondly, this work is last week's work about TARGET AUDIENCE not this week's work about SOCIAL GROUPS. We covered what to put in the answer about social groups in class. Look at last year's student evaluation questions on this to remind yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed this, and added more tv series and movies into the collage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better now. Delete 'How does your media product represent particular social groups?' which refers to a completely different post.

    ReplyDelete